Stop migration until a proper system is in place

RonBn

Unread post Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:37 am

I'd like to propose to temporarily stop the migration of people into this community in order to avoid confusion and possible general chaos and decentralization of power. From what I could grasp citizenship is currently defined as being a member of the official Tor discord server. This means any person could become a citizen, and do so as many times as he'd like. This relates to this forum as well, one could create many accounts and in this way undermine the direct democracy currently in action.

To solve this issue I suggest the establishment of an interior authority in charge of immigration, citizen identification, and et cetera. For now, a simple mod-run interview could well be enough to accept people, I myself would be able to assist in that effort.
Plah

Unread post Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:23 pm

i second this
Supervisor of the PR/FR branch
Plah
Saber

Unread post Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:18 pm

What if we have a passport system to go along with this to identify that someone is a Citizen. Or an official forum tag to recognize that the citizen has been accepted into the country.
Current Kaiser of Lilylandia
Foreign Ambassador from Lilylandia to The Online Republic

Very First person to use an Avatar on TOR. Anyone else is lying to you.

:o Im not a girl, Im a guy. Dont ask. :o
DoOwlsExist

Unread post Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:01 am

A problem that we will probably face if we get passports is that there is no way to know whether someone is an alt or not
Lord

Unread post Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:23 pm

RonBn wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:37 am
I'd like to propose to temporarily stop the migration of people into this community in order to avoid confusion and possible general chaos and decentralization of power. From what I could grasp citizenship is currently defined as being a member of the official Tor discord server. This means any person could become a citizen, and do so as many times as he'd like. This relates to this forum as well, one could create many accounts and in this way undermine the direct democracy currently in action.

To solve this issue I suggest the establishment of an interior authority in charge of immigration, citizen identification, and et cetera. For now, a simple mod-run interview could well be enough to accept people, I myself would be able to assist in that effort.
We should focus on the forum as our main platform. We could create some system to produce passports or something similar. Also on the forum there is the possibility to check the IP and ban or warn ip's that have more than 1 registered user.
RonBn

Unread post Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:26 pm

Lord wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:23 pm
RonBn wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:37 am

We should focus on the forum as our main platform. We could create some system to produce passports or something similar. Also on the forum there is the possibility to check the IP and ban or warn ip's that have more than 1 registered user.
Centralizing the system in that way is a great idea, in my opinion.