National eSports Team

Pajke

Unread post Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:30 am

With the growth of eSports and since we are a digital country, I think it's fair to have a national eSports team. I'm pretty sure we have enough gamers in the group to make it happen, and if we end up winning some tournaments we might be able to get some sponsors and more importantly fans, which will then end up joining the country.

We could start off playing amateur online leagues.
Lord

Unread post Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 am

Pajke wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:30 am
With the growth of eSports and since we are a digital country, I think it's fair to have a national eSports team. I'm pretty sure we have enough gamers in the group to make it happen, and if we end up winning some tournaments we might be able to get some sponsors and more importantly fans, which will then end up joining the country.

Hey, nice idea, for the next time remember to create a poll. I think that is a funny idea and some players probably would like to join the team. What games are you into?
Pajke

Unread post Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Lord wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 am
Pajke wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:30 am

Hey, nice idea, for the next time remember to create a poll. I think that is a funny idea and some players probably would like to join the team. What games are you into?
All of them. Mainly Dota 2 & Leage, but I'm open to the rest as well. I want to work in the eSports industry.
pedal_pete

Unread post Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:12 pm

I like and support this idea. Sports are a great promoter of nations, and eSports can do the same for The Online Republic.
discord -> akaGajba#2137
mrdrunkuk

Unread post Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Definitely a good way of spreading the word of TOR, we should check how many citizens would be interested/what games most of us play (via strawpoll I suppose?)
Looks like I'm the good boy now

RonBn

Unread post Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am

I completely agree that an eSports team could be a major help to Tor, but we need to be careful when executing this idea. First and foremost, people often derive their opinions from first impressions, which means the reveal of this eSports organization needs to hit the scene prepared. To organize our attempt at eSports we'll need to establish an organization or associations that would organize all eSports activities. That would mean several things are needed:
  • a person or small team to manage the whole business (and if successful it will need to become a non-profit business),
  • a team of experienced people to test and interview each nominee to ensure the sportsman's and sportswoman's quality and skill,
  • a team of people to serve and coaches (train and ensure the well being of the teams)
  • and a small PR crew to ensure, at the very minimum, a good image and if possible publicize the team.
We all must realize that each idea we suggest requires much effort and personnel (which will need to work, at the start, as volunteers), though this idea is has positive potential we need to take care and prioritize our actions.

In addition to matters regarding the eSports teams, we might also establish regular events to attracts even more attention. This will also require a similar organization, but could, and should, be integrated with the previously discussed effort.